S.O.A.P IN BIBLE READING

At first, when you see this what pop in your mind is Soap used to wash ourselves. But this is different. I learn this in Church



So this is the meaning of SOAP in Bible Reading

S - Scripture
You read a portion of Scripture slowly and thoughtfully.

O - Observation
You reflect on the Word. What does the Word say about God and the people in the passage?

A - Application
You apply the Word. Does it reveal an attitude to change, a sin to forsake, a specific promise to claim, an example to follow,a command to obey? What did you learn from this passage, and how will you apply it in your life?

P - Prayer 
You respond to the Word in prayer


I saw this in the 21 Days Bible Reading Challenge Manual & I'll share to you what a sample S.O.A.P Entry

1 Blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the Lord! 2 Blessed are those who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart, who also do no wrong, but walk in his ways! You have commanded your precepts to be kept diligently. Oh that my ways may be steadfast in keeping your statutes! Then I shall not be put to shame, having my eyes fixed on all your commandments. I will praise you with an upright heart, when I learn your righteous rules. I will keep your statutes; do not utterly forsake me! 
- Psalm 19:1-8 

Scripture:
Psalm 119:6 "Then I shall not be put to shame, having my eyes fixed on all your commandments." 

Observation 
Following God’s commandments protects me and keeps me from being put to shame. His rules and commands are not burdensome, but are for my benefit and protection. 

Application 
I need to fix my eyes on His commands. For me to do that, I need to read the Word more consistently. It’s easy to get distracted and fix my eyes on other things, but I need to fix my eyes on God! 

Prayer 
Father, Thank You for Your Word and all Your commandments. Thank You that this is for my benefit and protection. Give me the grace to consistently fix my eyes on Your Word, no matter what. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

I'm happy I know this to make my devotionals more understandable & short plus concise. I do hope this helps too. Continue to build your relationship with God & pursue Him!

xoxo,

SweetSourGirl Cebu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ERWIN MACUA: A STORY OF INSPIRATION

BREWING SOMETHING FOR SWEETSOURGIRL

JANUARY 23, 2017 DEVOTIONAL: TRUE TRUST